Important! This student submission form, along with all appropriate signatures, MUST be submitted along with any student paper or project. You can find this form below or under the "Links" section of each collection. Please see instructions below for details. (To get a PDF of this document once it has been signed, come to the library and use the Scan-to-Email feature on the copy machine.)
How to Add Your Publications to KnowledgeExchange@Southern
NOTE TO STUDENTS: ONLY START THE SUBMISSION PROCESS IF YOU HAVE GOTTEN THE STUDENT SUBMISSION FORM SIGNED BY YOUR PROFESSOR. YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO SUBMIT YOUR PAPER/PROJECT WITHOUT ALSO SUBMITTING THIS FORM. You can find this form here or under the “Links” section of each collection. Please see instructions below for details.
KnowledgeExchange@Southern, Southern’s institutional repository, is an online platform used to collect, preserve, and disseminate the university’s research and scholarly output. It provides students and faculty with a tool for efficiently managing and presenting their own research, made to be Google-searchable once submitted to the repository.
Here are the directions:
1. From the Library’s main page (southern.edu/library), under Tools, Select KnowledgeExchange@Southern.
2. In the left column, under “Author Corner”, click "Submit Research”.
3. Locate your department or community and click the series that is relevant to you. For example, if you are a nursing DNP student, locate Nursing and then click on DNP Nursing Projects. If you are an English major, locate English and click on Student Research.
4. Create an account or log in if you already have one.
5. Once you have created an account or logged in, you will be taken to the submission page.
6. Fill out the requested information and upload your file.
a. If your submission was previously published, note this in the comments section.
b. If you don't provide a recommended citation, that's ok; one will be provided for you.
c. Documents formatted as TXT, DOC, DOCX, and non-scanned PDF files can be uploaded as-is. Documents that were scanned to JPG, TIF, or PDF need to go through the optical character recognition (OCR) process prior to uploading in order to make their contents searchable.
d. Digital files that are not in PDF format (such as Excel or PowerPoint) can only be uploaded in the “Additional Files” section on the bottom of the “Submit Research” form. If uploaded to the regular “Upload File” part of the form, these files will be shown as a citation only and will not be downloadable by the public.
7. If you are a faculty member, click “Submit”. Congratulations! You’re done!
If you are a student, check the box under “Additional Files & Student Submission Form”, where it says “Please check this if you’d like to add additional files, including the required Student Submission Form. You will have a chance to upload your document after you click “Submit” below”. At this point you will be taken to the “Upload Supplemental Content” page where you’ll upload the signed form and click “Continue”. Congratulations! You’re done!
8. Your article will be visible in Knowledge Exchange in 48-72 hours.
9. Questions? Email Jessica Spears at firstname.lastname@example.org